Date: FRIDAY EVENING PUBLIC TALK - November 20th
Time: 7:00 - 9:30 pm
Speaker: Tarron Estes from the Conscious Dying Institute
What does it mean to "occupy" death, to transform and restore the experience of dying to its sacred place in the celebration and beauty of life? Join Tarron Estes, founder of the Conscious Dying Institute in exploring some of the principles and concepts behind Conscious Dying Education. Through her lecture, and opportunities for reflection and dialogue, discover how we can increase our capacity to be fully present and become supportive end-of-life companions in our communities.-------------------------------
SACRED PASSAGE DOULA , PHASE I (limited registration)
Dates: Sat. November 21 and Sun. November 22
Time: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
By exploring our own relationship to death, we prepare to serve others. Caregivers from across all settings will benefit from this introduction to the Sacred Passage Guidance Doula program, the end-of-life education program that changes end-of-life care by transforming caregivers.
This workshop offers powerful activities to connect us with the impermanence of life, deepen our present moment awareness, and discover how to create caring, healing relationship that nurture self and others. It prepares caregivers across all settings to be authentically present, communicate with vulnerability, honesty, and compassion and administer palliative-based comfort care healing modalities to anyone, regardless of health status by focusing on improving care at the end of life.
Participants will be able to:
- Implement complimentary therapies in 5 domains of life: Spiritual, Emotional, Physical Place/Comfort, and Practical during and post death arrangements
- Create Caring Healing environments
- Create Caring Healing Relationships that nurture self and others
- Create Caring Communication and Conversational Confidence with family members, medical staff, patients and others about choices at end of life
- Create Caring Moments and Caring Circles allowing the sharing of stories of grief, loss, miracles, mysteries and unexplainable events with family, staff and patients
- Administer Life Completion practices including forgiveness, gratitude, legacy, grief work
- Yoga students, teachers and teacher trainings
- Caregivers, therapists, and nurses, hospice volunteers
- Community Organizations, and Faith Based groups
- Senior Community and Long Term Care leaders and staff
- Health Care Systems' Clinicians who positively improve nurse/patient communication, patient satisfaction, and quality of life
Friday Evening only – $20 advance purchase / $25 at the door
Friday Talk & Weekend Workshop – $385 before November 2 / $420 after November 2
(Note: Friday talk and lunches included)
* If you prefer to pay by cheque or e-transfer, please contact coordinator directly (778-708-4306).
** A subsidy may be available for registrants who have limited funds. Please contact the organizer for information.**
The organizer reserves the right to cancel the program if there is insufficient registration. If we cancel the program, you will receive a full refund.
A refund of the course fee, less a 10% administration fee is available if a written request is made more than seven days before the course start date. There is no refund seven days or less before the course start date.
Tarron Estes is the owner/founder of the Conscious Dying Institute. She is an Associate Clinical Faculty with the Watson Caring Science Institute of Boulder, Colorado, and a lead facilitator for the Human Caring Program, a Caring Science healing modality training for medical professionals in large systems such as Kaiser Permanente and the Veterans Administration Medical Systems. Her specialization is transformational learning, an experiential education model that unites personal development at the deepest healing levels with organizational development at system-wide levels to produce life transformation for individuals, families, and clinical professionals, as well as culture change for organizations.
Tarron@ConsciousDyingInstitute.com / 303-619-7902
Ann Gillespie is the founder and owner of A Perfect Ending.
"Why leave your most important decisions to others?"
A Perfect Ending is a one-stop online resource hub (in development) & consulting service to help simplify your important end-of-life decisions. Our intention is to inspire a more open dialogue about death and dying as a natural part of life, and to provide simple, trustworthy and effective tools and resources to empower and inspire you to plan your journey... your way.
email@example.com / 778-708-4306